Applications and Policies: The City of Jersey Village requires permits for all residential and commercial construction. If you are unsure whether you need a permit, or have questions about the permitting process, a certified Permit Technician can be reached at 713-466-2110.

Permit Fees: For permit and plan review fees, please refer to our schedule of fees. Permit fees can by paid by cash, check, credit or debit card. 

Constructing Inside a Special Flood Hazard Area: In addition to the permitting process, properties located in an area of special flood hazard (ASFH) are required to undergo a development review. 

Not sure if you are constructing in a Special Flood Hazard Area? See: FEMA's National Flood Hazard Map.

Permit Application Process: You may access our online permitting portal below 

Apply for a permit




Applicable Codes

The City of Jersey Village has adopted the 2018 Edition of the following International Codes:
(unless indicated otherwise)

Commercial: IBC, IFC, IFGC, IMC, IPC, NEC (2017), IECC

R-3 Residential: IRC, IECC, NEC (2017)

Swimming Pools/Spas: ISPSC