Frequently Asked Questions


Q. How do I report a street light that is out? 

A. You can report street lights online! Just follow this link.


Q. How do I pay my utility bill online? 

A. You can do that by click here.


Q. I received a traffic ticket. Can I pay my court fine online? 

A. Yes you can, just click here


Q. I was in a car accident in Jersey Village. How do I get a copy of the report? 

A. You can request a copy online here.


Q. How do I get a building permit?

A. You can find all the building permit applications here.


Q. I'm interested in working for the City. Where can I find current job openings? 

A. You can find all of our job postings here


Q. What hotels are in town? 

A. You can see all of the hotels in town here


Q. My recycling can is always overflowing. Can I get another recycling can?
A. Absolutely! Give Public Works a call at (713) 466-2133, or click here to send an email requesting a second recycling can. Please be sure to include your name and address when requesting a second can. It may take 7-10 days for it to be delivered.